Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round Four 2008

Got a suggestion for Hasbro? Something you need to know? This is the place to find out!
User avatar
SteveD
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 6138
Joined: 22 May 2008 12:00
Location: In exile.

Re: Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round Four 2008

Postby SteveD » 18 Sep 2008 15:59

paul463 wrote:I'm not averse to a herc but at 1/18 scale it would take up a large part of everyones living room, it would be huge!
Ahhh - coffee tables and guest chairs are overrated! Sofa, big TV, and 1:18 scale Hercules is all a living room really needs! And perhaps a few candles and a throw over or two for the ladies?
Alte Volat

"BFTB Elite??? Moi??? Ooooooo, Missus - Titter ye not!"
User avatar
Double-Tap
who dares grins
who dares grins
Posts: 3162
Joined: 03 Aug 2008 16:42

Re: Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round Four 2008

Postby Double-Tap » 18 Sep 2008 18:28

SteveD wrote:
paul463 wrote:I'm not averse to a herc but at 1/18 scale it would take up a large part of everyones living room, it would be huge!
Ahhh - coffee tables and guest chairs are overrated! Sofa, big TV, and 1:18 scale Hercules is all a living room really needs! And perhaps a few candles and a throw over or two for the ladies?
Dont forget the mini beer fridge

Bill
Image
User avatar
The Baron
World Enemy No. 1
World Enemy No. 1
Posts: 14676
Joined: 18 Sep 2012 05:10
Location: Secret HQ

Re: Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round Four 2008

Postby The Baron » 18 Sep 2008 18:54

Well, I'm thinking of it being shortened to the size of the Chap Mei Chinook or something.
Space Commander
Z Force
Z Force
Posts: 584
Joined: 27 Mar 2008 21:15

Re: Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round Four 2008

Postby Space Commander » 18 Sep 2008 18:58

Double-tap wrote:There are a lot of companies releasing cheap figs at the moment. World peace keeper 3 packs sell for about 4 quid and the quality is pretty good so producing them musnt be too expensive. Diversity isnt a problem either just look at the custom section here.
Ya know..., if Hasbro doesn't have the rights to the earliest Palitoy figures (either :skip: and the gang, or the even earlier figures such as :arctic: , :deepsea: , :german: , :frogman: and :desert: ), then they're really missing a trick. World Peacekeepers (or someone like them) could easily start churning-out generic SAS Troopers :attack: by the bucketfull...

:skyraider:
SPACE COMMANDER
ACTION FORCE; The 21st Century Mini-Comics Project. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13534
User avatar
The Kraken Wakes
SCREEEEEEE!
SCREEEEEEE!
Posts: 5265
Joined: 28 Apr 2007 16:40
Location: Nottingham

Re: Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round Four 2008

Postby The Kraken Wakes » 18 Sep 2008 19:31

That would be horrible for me, I dont like the arcitulation on the world peacekeeper figures, Id want the same joe articulation so thy fit right in... I do love the wp vehicles though...
twitter - @thekrakenwakes / @BIronblood
instagram - THE_KRAKEN_WAKES
Space Commander
Z Force
Z Force
Posts: 584
Joined: 27 Mar 2008 21:15

Space Commander

Postby Space Commander » 18 Sep 2008 20:16

I see your point, Kraken old buddy. But i must admit... I can't help missing oldschool figures such as :beaver: , :muton: , and the original Star Wars toys.

:skyraider:
SPACE COMMANDER
ACTION FORCE; The 21st Century Mini-Comics Project. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13534
User avatar
scoobydie
chocks away
chocks away
Posts: 2258
Joined: 12 Jan 2008 13:17
Location: behind the sofa.........BOOOO!!!!!

Re: Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round Four 2008

Postby scoobydie » 18 Sep 2008 22:07

paul463 wrote:I'm not averse to a herc but at 1/18 scale it would take up a large part of everyones living room, it would be huge!
Bit of fishing wire and hang it from the ceiling, problem solved :)
Image
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert sir ?? That would mean changing the lightbulb ! "
User avatar
Shadow_Contact
Sergeant
Sergeant
Posts: 232
Joined: 10 Sep 2008 08:41
Location: Bend, Oregon U.S.A.

Re: Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round Four 2008

Postby Shadow_Contact » 18 Sep 2008 23:02

scoobydie wrote:
paul463 wrote:I'm not averse to a herc but at 1/18 scale it would take up a large part of everyones living room, it would be huge!
Bit of fishing wire and hang it from the ceiling, problem solved :)
" And lets see here... your total fishing line purchase price is $800.... Thank you have a nice day"
Who Are You? What Do You Want? Why Are You Here? Where Are You Going? - The Four Ideologies from Babylon 5

I'm commenting on the internet, Facts hold no sway with me.

Image
Space Commander
Z Force
Z Force
Posts: 584
Joined: 27 Mar 2008 21:15

Re: Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round Four 2008

Postby Space Commander » 19 Sep 2008 17:58

The Baron wrote:Now that sounds reasonable, we could approach it from the angel "were the Devil's Due Red Shadows redesigned as artistic licence, or because to have done them faithfully would in fact have been a violation of copyright?"

Like that, but good.
Just re-reading this thread. This is a good question, but I get the feeling Hasbro would just tell us to go and ask Devil's Due... like they did during the last set of questions. :(

:skyraider:
SPACE COMMANDER
ACTION FORCE; The 21st Century Mini-Comics Project. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13534
User avatar
jamarmiller
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
Posts: 3918
Joined: 07 Mar 2005 15:58
Location: Fukuoka Japan---TAMPA Florida
Contact:

Re: Hasbro's G.I. JOE Q&A Round Four 2008

Postby jamarmiller » 19 Sep 2008 22:16

Space Commander wrote:
The Baron wrote:Now that sounds reasonable, we could approach it from the angel "were the Devil's Due Red Shadows redesigned as artistic licence, or because to have done them faithfully would in fact have been a violation of copyright?"

Like that, but good.
Just re-reading this thread. This is a good question, but I get the feeling Hasbro would just tell us to go and ask Devil's Due... like they did during the last set of questions. :(

:skyraider:
SPACE COMMANDER
I think this is along the lines we need to do if we ask it

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest