Just an idea...

Got a suggestion for Hasbro? Something you need to know? This is the place to find out!
User avatar
Space Commander
Z Force
Z Force
Posts: 584
Joined: 27 Mar 2008 21:15

Just an idea...

Postby Space Commander » 31 Jul 2008 17:56

I'm not sure if this thread belongs in Chat or Customs. The whole Hasbro Q&A lives in Chat, but Customs has its own category, too!

Anyway, this is just an idea. I don't know if its any good.

Let's wait and see the results of the latest batch of questions to Hasbro. And then, well... if everyone thinks it'd be an appropriate thing to do, we could show them pictures of GI Joe molds that YOU clever AFers have repainted as early Action Force characters in time for the next set of questions.

That way, we'd have proof that Hasbro (should they finally see fit to reissue these classic characters) wouldn't need to make expensive new molds from scratch!

If the customisers amongst you can come up with figures like these, why not Hasbro?

(Just a few examples of many;
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1985
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1801
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2229
Please trawl the archives and find your favourites!)

Cheers,


:skyraider:
SPACE COMMANDER
ACTION FORCE; The 21st Century Mini-Comics Project. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13534
User avatar
jamarmiller
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
Posts: 3918
Joined: 07 Mar 2005 15:58
Location: Fukuoka Japan---TAMPA Florida
Contact:

Re: Just an idea...

Postby jamarmiller » 31 Jul 2008 22:51

Space Commander wrote:I'm not sure if this thread belongs in Chat or Customs. The whole Hasbro Q&A lives in Chat, but Customs has its own category, too!

Anyway, this is just an idea. I don't know if its any good.

Let's wait and see the results of the latest batch of questions to Hasbro. And then, well... if everyone thinks it'd be an appropriate thing to do, we could show them pictures of GI Joe molds that YOU clever AFers have repainted as early Action Force characters in time for the next set of questions.

That way, we'd have proof that Hasbro (should they finally see fit to reissue these classic characters) wouldn't need to make expensive new molds from scratch!

If the customisers amongst you can come up with figures like these, why not Hasbro?

(Just a few examples of many;
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1985
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1801
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2229
Please trawl the archives and find your favourites!)

Cheers,


:skyraider:
SPACE COMMANDER


it would definately have to be 25th anniversary molds

Ive seen awesome
BARON IRON BLOODs ( Crimson GUard Body)
Black Major (by Shogi)
Red Laser
Quarrel
Moondancer and Dolphin could be easily done
Hunter ( I seen gunslinger do a awesome one)
Blades (could be done using the new Trip wire from the new comic pack)


seems like a Skip could be done rather easy too
User avatar
Space Commander
Z Force
Z Force
Posts: 584
Joined: 27 Mar 2008 21:15

?? ??????

Postby Space Commander » 31 Jul 2008 23:52

That's it exactly, Jamar! Classic characters with 25th Anniversary bodies. If we do this, should we recommend the earliest BATTLE ACTION FORCE characters first? Skip & the gang?
:skyraider:
ACTION FORCE; The 21st Century Mini-Comics Project. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13534
User avatar
jamarmiller
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
Posts: 3918
Joined: 07 Mar 2005 15:58
Location: Fukuoka Japan---TAMPA Florida
Contact:

Re: ?? ??????

Postby jamarmiller » 01 Aug 2008 00:20

Space Commander wrote:That's it exactly, Jamar! Classic characters with 25th Anniversary bodies. If we do this, should we recommend the earliest BATTLE ACTION FORCE characters first? Skip & the gang?
:skyraider:


well in my opinion we have a far greater chance of getting the likes of

Quarrel
Red Laser
Blades
Jammer
Gaucho
Hunter
Moondancer ( 2nd version but earlier character)
Dolphin ( again 2nd version but an earlier character)
Hunter


but as for First gen guys

Baron Iron Blood
Black Major

probally would be the easiest and most likely as they wouldnt take a lot to do and Ive seen some great ones done on these guys

Skip is a possibiltiy too I think

but as far as Q-force in original outfits and Eagle etc etc, I doubt a tactiacal nuke threat would change hasbros thinking on that .

not going to happen unless the ones above happen first

just my two cents
User avatar
Space Commander
Z Force
Z Force
Posts: 584
Joined: 27 Mar 2008 21:15

Re: Just an idea...

Postby Space Commander » 01 Aug 2008 08:58

Cool. Would anybody like to suggest Classic characters to be updated? First wave? Second wave? Anything!

Please provide links or pictures of custom figures if you're able to.

:skyraider:
SPACE COMMANDER
ACTION FORCE; The 21st Century Mini-Comics Project. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13534
User avatar
Space Commander
Z Force
Z Force
Posts: 584
Joined: 27 Mar 2008 21:15

Re: Just an idea...

Postby Space Commander » 01 Aug 2008 18:07

Oh by the way, Jamar, have you got any pictures of the customs you mentioned earlier please?

Anyone else like to suggest characters?

Righty-o, see you in about a week! I'm off on me hols.

Take care!

:skyraider:
SPACE COMMANDER
ACTION FORCE; The 21st Century Mini-Comics Project. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13534
User avatar
jamarmiller
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
Posts: 3918
Joined: 07 Mar 2005 15:58
Location: Fukuoka Japan---TAMPA Florida
Contact:

Re: Just an idea...

Postby jamarmiller » 01 Aug 2008 23:50

Space Commander wrote:Oh by the way, Jamar, have you got any pictures of the customs you mentioned earlier please?

Anyone else like to suggest characters?

Righty-o, see you in about a week! I'm off on me hols.

Take care!

:skyraider:
SPACE COMMANDER

ill have a look around and see if I can find them

have fun on the holiday
User avatar
Crimson Rage
Space Force
Space Force
Posts: 358
Joined: 31 Jul 2008 17:23
Location: Wirral, England

Re: Just an idea...

Postby Crimson Rage » 04 Aug 2008 13:57

It's early days yet, but I'm trying to customize a 25th style Red Shadow (I'm surprised I haven't seen one from someone else yet). The Cobra Trooper that came in the "Cobra Legions" pack (with the red face mask and yellow webbing) is pretty useless to me, so I reckoned I'd do a straight repaint of the body and use a Cobra Commander head. The signiture 'beak' of the Red Shadow helmet is too tough for me to handle, so I thought I'd emulate the rounded faceplate seen on the Shadows as depicted by John Cooper (amongst others).
I just hope my talent can match my ambition....
Image
User avatar
Space Commander
Z Force
Z Force
Posts: 584
Joined: 27 Mar 2008 21:15

Re: Just an idea...

Postby Space Commander » 11 Aug 2008 16:49

Cool! I look forward to seeing the result.

:skyraider:
SPACE COMMANDER
ACTION FORCE; The 21st Century Mini-Comics Project. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13534
User avatar
Space Commander
Z Force
Z Force
Posts: 584
Joined: 27 Mar 2008 21:15

Re: Just an idea...

Postby Space Commander » 23 Feb 2010 23:08

Now (or the near future) might be a good time to show 'em what you've got, gang!

:skyraider:
SPACE COMMANDER
ACTION FORCE; The 21st Century Mini-Comics Project. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=13534

Return to “Hasbro Q&A Sessions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest