GI Joe Movie

The 2009 blockbuster movie! [Please do not discuss the Toys and Comics here]
User avatar
Quickfire
Make sure every bullet finds a billet
Make sure every bullet finds a billet
Posts: 2076
Joined: 09 Feb 2005 19:35
Location: Somewhere in the Galapagos or the Pampas...
Contact:

Re: GI Joe Movie

Postby Quickfire » 07 Jun 2008 22:32

Ella Baronella looking hot on set (if slightly over-accessorized in the non-deadly weapon department).

Where's Angelina Jolie as Quarrel? That's what I want to know.

Image

:quick:
2014 was proudly brought to you by :enemy: :baron: :major: :laser: :vulture: :jackal: :wolf: :muton: :shadow: :kraken: :skeletron: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :torch: :skeletron2: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow:
2015 was proudly brought to you by :enemy: :baron: :major: :laser: :vulture: :jackal: :wolf: :muton: :shadow: :kraken: :skeletron: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :torch: :skeletron2: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow: :shadow:
2016 is proudly brought to you by the far superior "Behavioural Change Consultant and Performance Coach Ltd."
User avatar
Destro
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 179
Joined: 20 Oct 2007 16:54
Location: Castle Destro, Scotland
Contact:

Re: GI Joe Movie

Postby Destro » 14 Jun 2008 13:01

Just for note - Sienna Miller is on Friday Night with Jonathon Ross next week. Might get a little snippet of information on the movie if it comes up in the interview.
dreadtech
Private
Private
Posts: 20
Joined: 27 Apr 2008 22:56

Re: GI Joe Movie

Postby dreadtech » 25 Jun 2008 12:39

Which characters do you all think they will kill off?
I cannot say i am keen on who has been cast in any of the rolls so far, but i will reserve final judgment until i see the film.
User avatar
jamarmiller
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
Posts: 3921
Joined: 07 Mar 2005 15:58
Location: Fukuoka Japan---TAMPA Florida
Contact:

Re: GI Joe Movie

Postby jamarmiller » 25 Jun 2008 13:09

they will kill off cover covergirl. Im looking forward to this movie very much I just hope it does well like transformers did
User avatar
Destro
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 179
Joined: 20 Oct 2007 16:54
Location: Castle Destro, Scotland
Contact:

Re: GI Joe Movie

Postby Destro » 25 Jun 2008 22:36

It is provisionally going to be a trilogy depending how successful the film is (Dennis Quaid has said he has already signed up for 3 movies) so they might not necessarily kill off anyone. I'm expecting a first X-Men type film to introduce the characters to an audience not familiar with the rich background of the comic series.
pocoyo_joe
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 141
Joined: 19 Oct 2007 11:48
Location: Planet Rock

Re: GI Joe Movie

Postby pocoyo_joe » 26 Jun 2008 13:13

jamarmiller wrote:they will kill off cover covergirl. Im looking forward to this movie very much I just hope it does well like transformers did
I hope they don't, I always quite liked Cover Girl for her banter with Shipwreck in the cartoon,which they finally put into the comics (though I guess we can say goodbye to that now that IDW have the licence). Is Shipwreck even in this movie? He's always good for a laugh and it'd be kinda cool if that got Christian Slater to play Shipwreck (Jack Nic is too old now, though it would be very funny)
Bring On The Trumpets!!!!!!!!
User avatar
jamarmiller
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
I am Wilder Vaughn, I am the Black Major
Posts: 3921
Joined: 07 Mar 2005 15:58
Location: Fukuoka Japan---TAMPA Florida
Contact:

Re: GI Joe Movie

Postby jamarmiller » 26 Jun 2008 13:55

pocoyo_joe wrote:
jamarmiller wrote:they will kill off cover covergirl. Im looking forward to this movie very much I just hope it does well like transformers did
I hope they don't, I always quite liked Cover Girl for her banter with Shipwreck in the cartoon,which they finally put into the comics (though I guess we can say goodbye to that now that IDW have the licence). Is Shipwreck even in this movie? He's always good for a laugh and it'd be kinda cool if that got Christian Slater to play Shipwreck (Jack Nic is too old now, though it would be very funny)

oh dont get me wrong I LOVE covergirl but from the script that I read she was axed ( and yes scripts can change so theres hope still )
pocoyo_joe
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 141
Joined: 19 Oct 2007 11:48
Location: Planet Rock

Re: GI Joe Movie

Postby pocoyo_joe » 27 Jun 2008 12:48

jamarmiller wrote:
pocoyo_joe wrote:
jamarmiller wrote:they will kill off cover covergirl. Im looking forward to this movie very much I just hope it does well like transformers did
I hope they don't, I always quite liked Cover Girl for her banter with Shipwreck in the cartoon,which they finally put into the comics (though I guess we can say goodbye to that now that IDW have the licence). Is Shipwreck even in this movie? He's always good for a laugh and it'd be kinda cool if that got Christian Slater to play Shipwreck (Jack Nic is too old now, though it would be very funny)

oh dont get me wrong I LOVE covergirl but from the script that I read she was axed ( and yes scripts can change so theres hope still )
ooohh you should avoid those spoilers, I speak for experience as I pretty much read everything I could about StarWars episode 2 then when the film came out I didn't enjoy much coz I knew too much. I stayed as spoiler free as I could before episode 3 and enjoyed it much more as a result.

Well I suppose if they have to introduce a female Joe only to kill her off, then it's better to be Cover Girl than Scarlett or Lady Jaye. I wouldn't want to go thru Lady Jaye's death again.

Seems like they aren't using many (if any) post-84 Joes in the movie, hopefully the sequel (if there is one) will feature Flint, Lady Jaye, Shipwreck et al.
Bring On The Trumpets!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Destro
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 179
Joined: 20 Oct 2007 16:54
Location: Castle Destro, Scotland
Contact:

Re: GI Joe Movie

Postby Destro » 28 Jun 2008 21:36

pocoyo_joe wrote:Seems like they aren't using many (if any) post-84 Joes in the movie.
Except Heavy Duty. Which I still don't understand why!
User avatar
Destro
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 179
Joined: 20 Oct 2007 16:54
Location: Castle Destro, Scotland
Contact:

Re: GI Joe Movie

Postby Destro » 29 Jun 2008 22:01


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests