Palitoy to Hasbro vehicle variations.

Action Force, GI Joe - The Action Force and GI Joe! Discuss the UK toy releases here!
Dave Tree
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.
Posts: 1574
Joined: 05 Dec 2008 16:56
Location: The New Forest, UK
Contact:

Palitoy to Hasbro vehicle variations.

Postby Dave Tree » 24 Jan 2010 00:36

I'm sure there was a threead somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

Is there a list of vehicle variations from Palitoy to Hasbro Action Force releases?

ie.
Hovercraft a different shade of green

and/ or a list of vehicle variations of Action Force to Joe releases?
ie.
Z Force APC V Joe APC.

Has anything like that been comiled before?

I've got two HAVOCs in Action Force release, but different shage of green and with the Conquest bombs earlier this week, I'm wondering if there are a lot more than people realise?

Dave.
The Adventures of All The Cool Stuff on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-The-C ... 5936130063
Dave Tree
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.
Posts: 1574
Joined: 05 Dec 2008 16:56
Location: The New Forest, UK
Contact:

Re: Palitoy to Hasbro vehicle variations.

Postby Dave Tree » 24 Jan 2010 00:37

yeah I know there's a load of typo's, I'm tired and in pain :-)
The Adventures of All The Cool Stuff on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-The-C ... 5936130063
buddusky
Special Weapons
Special Weapons
Posts: 788
Joined: 02 Dec 2006 22:57
Location: H.M.S. Alan Shearer

Re: Palitoy to Hasbro vehicle variations.

Postby buddusky » 24 Jan 2010 01:13

Hey Dave,

If you're talking Hasbro Dave the ones I know of are:

Havoc - Different shade of green
Rolling Thunder - Different shade of green
SLAM - Red missiles instead of orange
Tiger Force Tiger Sting - different chassis

Possibly the AWE Striker and I'm starting to think the AF Mauler is a different shade of tan. Also I noticed the other day a box and bagged Action Force Cobra Rifle Range but with a US mail away version in the bag.
User avatar
The Baron
World Enemy No. 1
World Enemy No. 1
Posts: 14676
Joined: 18 Sep 2012 05:10
Location: Secret HQ

Re: Palitoy to Hasbro vehicle variations.

Postby The Baron » 24 Jan 2010 02:34

It's not something I think we've properly tackled. I know that the UK Rolling Thunder came without the hubcabs and had redder missiles too.

I'm curious about any differences between the UK re-releases. Both Palitoy and Hasbro released the Skystriker, WHALE, Night Attack Jeep, Water Moccasin and Swamp Skier.
User avatar
Chopper
This is what you get when you mess with the SAS
This is what you get when you mess with the SAS
Posts: 7212
Joined: 09 Apr 2003 08:30
Location: Melbourne

Re: Palitoy to Hasbro vehicle variations.

Postby Chopper » 24 Jan 2010 03:49

Its something I thought about while I was cataloguing. It'd be a pretty big undertaking, but easier than Palitoy Friday arvo specials I'd reckon.
User avatar
The Baron
World Enemy No. 1
World Enemy No. 1
Posts: 14676
Joined: 18 Sep 2012 05:10
Location: Secret HQ

Re: Palitoy to Hasbro vehicle variations.

Postby The Baron » 24 Jan 2010 03:57

What I'm thinking there is just a single wastebin style archive section, possibly like a 'Fail' gallery.
User avatar
scoobydie
chocks away
chocks away
Posts: 2258
Joined: 12 Jan 2008 13:17
Location: behind the sofa.........BOOOO!!!!!

Re: Palitoy to Hasbro vehicle variations.

Postby scoobydie » 24 Jan 2010 10:31

The Baron wrote:It's not something I think we've properly tackled. I know that the UK Rolling Thunder came without the hubcabs and had redder missiles too.

I'm curious about any differences between the UK re-releases. Both Palitoy and Hasbro released the Skystriker, WHALE, Night Attack Jeep, Water Moccasin and Swamp Skier.
I know there was a different coloured Swamp Skier, one looked more flouresent than the other.
There are the rubber wheeled Stingers.
There may be two types of Sidewinder missiles for the Sriker or I`ve just found another that fits :) oh and
the parachute variations.
Also noticed some side gun colour variants on the Phantom X-19
There are definately two colour variations on the Rifle Range sandbag section.
Image
Image
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert sir ?? That would mean changing the lightbulb ! "
Dave Tree
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.
Posts: 1574
Joined: 05 Dec 2008 16:56
Location: The New Forest, UK
Contact:

Re: Palitoy to Hasbro vehicle variations.

Postby Dave Tree » 26 Jan 2010 00:32

scoobydie wrote:
The Baron wrote:It's not something I think we've properly tackled. I know that the UK Rolling Thunder came without the hubcabs and had redder missiles too.

I'm curious about any differences between the UK re-releases. Both Palitoy and Hasbro released the Skystriker, WHALE, Night Attack Jeep, Water Moccasin and Swamp Skier.
I know there was a different coloured Swamp Skier, one looked more flouresent than the other.
There are the rubber wheeled Stingers.
There may be two types of Sidewinder missiles for the Sriker or I`ve just found another that fits :) oh and
the parachute variations.
Also noticed some side gun colour variants on the Phantom X-19
There are definately two colour variations on the Rifle Range sandbag section.
Image

which is which Scooby?
The Adventures of All The Cool Stuff on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-The-C ... 5936130063
Dave Tree
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.
Posts: 1574
Joined: 05 Dec 2008 16:56
Location: The New Forest, UK
Contact:

Re: Palitoy to Hasbro vehicle variations.

Postby Dave Tree » 26 Jan 2010 00:42

The Baron wrote:It's not something I think we've properly tackled. I know that the UK Rolling Thunder came without the hubcabs and had redder missiles too.

I'm curious about any differences between the UK re-releases. Both Palitoy and Hasbro released the Skystriker, WHALE, Night Attack Jeep, Water Moccasin and Swamp Skier.
I have a couple of Hovercraft/ WHALES. When I strarted to rebuild my childhood AF Hovercraft, I was ordering WHALE parts only to discover it was a different shade of green.

Other than the wheels, I think the Night Attack is the same (although I have one with pinker rockets?)

Water Moccasin and Skystriker I've never owned, and Swamp Skier only owned a Palitoy issue.
The Adventures of All The Cool Stuff on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-The-C ... 5936130063
Dave Tree
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.
This is a blanket motive fallacy attached to everyone attempting to confirm this from somewhere outside their own circle of interest.
Posts: 1574
Joined: 05 Dec 2008 16:56
Location: The New Forest, UK
Contact:

Re: Palitoy to Hasbro vehicle variations.

Postby Dave Tree » 26 Jan 2010 00:46

buddusky wrote:Hey Dave,

If you're talking Hasbro Dave the ones I know of are:

Havoc - Different shade of green
Rolling Thunder - Different shade of green
SLAM - Red missiles instead of orange
Tiger Force Tiger Sting - different chassis

Possibly the AWE Striker and I'm starting to think the AF Mauler is a different shade of tan. Also I noticed the other day a box and bagged Action Force Cobra Rifle Range but with a US mail away version in the bag.
Cool, what's the deal with the HAVOC's? I think I have both in Action Force issue. Is one of them unique to Action Force?

The SLAM missiles is an interesting one, and makes the Conquest missile question I raised plausable that there is a colour variation for the missile if it has never been reproduced for other vehicles/ sets.

Dave
The Adventures of All The Cool Stuff on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-The-C ... 5936130063

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests