Rise of Cobra Toys on Sale

Yo Joe! Please use this forum to discuss the US toys, from ARAH to the present day!
User avatar
The Baron
World Enemy No. 1
World Enemy No. 1
Posts: 14677
Joined: 18 Sep 2012 05:10
Location: Secret HQ

Re: Rise of Cobra Toys on Sale

Postby The Baron » 11 Aug 2009 23:04

I think giving it three days before abandoning the merchandise is a bit unlikely.
HugeBadWolf
Private
Private
Posts: 82
Joined: 14 Jul 2009 19:20
Location: Berks

Re: Rise of Cobra Toys on Sale

Postby HugeBadWolf » 12 Aug 2009 07:55

I saw that too, picked up a Rockslide and an Armoured Panther.
They need to get w2 in while the offer's still on.

Apparantly Tesco have 30% off of Joes too, none in the Ox Rd Tesco in Reading though so can't confirm it.
Rob, anything in 'big' Tesco?

Cheers,
Doug
User avatar
Red Laser
don't eat yellow snow
don't eat yellow snow
Posts: 8078
Joined: 19 Jun 2007 22:56
Location: Sittin' on the dock of a bay

Re: Rise of Cobra Toys on Sale

Postby Red Laser » 12 Aug 2009 12:32

I hope we get some in our tescos.
Spock, where the hell's the power you promised?

One damn minute, Admiral



Image


"Red! The colour of my Shadows, The colour of fire and of blood......All that I stand for!" Baron Ironblood, Operation Bloodhound
GI Rob
Private
Private
Posts: 35
Joined: 28 Jul 2009 17:51
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Rise of Cobra Toys on Sale

Postby GI Rob » 12 Aug 2009 12:56

HugeBadWolf wrote:I saw that too, picked up a Rockslide and an Armoured Panther.
They need to get w2 in while the offer's still on.

Apparantly Tesco have 30% off of Joes too, none in the Ox Rd Tesco in Reading though so can't confirm it.
Rob, anything in 'big' Tesco?

Cheers,
Doug
Big Tescos? Kings Meadow? Not a clue, don't go there. g/f hates it. Haven't checked Oxford Road yet either

Saw some in Calcot Sainsburys the other week, no sale at that point though.

W2 would be great... I just hope it's still on when payday rolls around
HugeBadWolf
Private
Private
Posts: 82
Joined: 14 Jul 2009 19:20
Location: Berks

Re: Rise of Cobra Toys on Sale

Postby HugeBadWolf » 12 Aug 2009 15:46

That's the one. What's wrong with it? :)

Saw them in Savacentre, only discount was on the bags and stationary.

Shopping tonight so Ox Rd Tesco will get scouted again...
:lol:

Cheers,
Doug
GI Rob
Private
Private
Posts: 35
Joined: 28 Jul 2009 17:51
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Rise of Cobra Toys on Sale

Postby GI Rob » 12 Aug 2009 16:43

HugeBadWolf wrote:That's the one. What's wrong with it? :)

Saw them in Savacentre, only discount was on the bags and stationary.

Shopping tonight so Ox Rd Tesco will get scouted again...
:lol:

Cheers,
Doug
No clue. Shop's a shop in my opinion.
User avatar
paul463
we make em you break em
we make em you break em
Posts: 4128
Joined: 10 Apr 2008 19:07
Location: Dundee

Re: Rise of Cobra Toys on Sale

Postby paul463 » 12 Aug 2009 16:51

Just bought Stormie and Snake Eyes. They look ok appart from that stupid looking large gun thing they all have! Think I'll be getting some more too. Now do I open them or not......
When confronted by a difficult problem you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question. How would the Lone Ranger handle this?
GI Rob
Private
Private
Posts: 35
Joined: 28 Jul 2009 17:51
Location: Reading, UK

Re: Rise of Cobra Toys on Sale

Postby GI Rob » 12 Aug 2009 18:11

paul463 wrote:Just bought Stormie and Snake Eyes. They look ok appart from that stupid looking large gun thing they all have! Think I'll be getting some more too. Now do I open them or not......

I suppose, if you open them, the large gun doesn't really matter. Dump it in a box!

Doubt there's much point keeping new figures MOC personally
User avatar
paul463
we make em you break em
we make em you break em
Posts: 4128
Joined: 10 Apr 2008 19:07
Location: Dundee

Re: Rise of Cobra Toys on Sale

Postby paul463 » 12 Aug 2009 18:55

GI Rob wrote:
paul463 wrote:Just bought Stormie and Snake Eyes. They look ok appart from that stupid looking large gun thing they all have! Think I'll be getting some more too. Now do I open them or not......

I suppose, if you open them, the large gun doesn't really matter. Dump it in a box!

Doubt there's much point keeping new figures MOC personally
Got them pinned on the wall at the moment, they look good like that. It's my age old problem of not having enough room for display cabinets. When I get my bigger house that won't be a problem though! :-)
When confronted by a difficult problem you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question. How would the Lone Ranger handle this?
User avatar
Thundershot
Lethargic Dynamism
Lethargic Dynamism
Posts: 5672
Joined: 29 Nov 2008 17:15
Location: Confusedonshire

Re: Rise of Cobra Toys on Sale

Postby Thundershot » 12 Aug 2009 19:04

Bust them open & play with 'em!!
Toys are ment to be played with...just check that you haven't got a rare variant package or anything before you do.

Have any of the new movie figures been short packed?

I don't know about the original :snakeeyes: & :storm: , but I can remember searching really hard before finding them in any local toy shops @ the time..& I could just see Hasbro pulling a stunt, like short packing that duo, to up the sales.
More news, as its made, from new Action Force!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests