GI Joe Movie Figures

Yo Joe! Please use this forum to discuss the US toys, from ARAH to the present day!
User avatar
Red Laser
don't eat yellow snow
don't eat yellow snow
Posts: 8078
Joined: 19 Jun 2007 22:56
Location: Sittin' on the dock of a bay

Re: GI Joe Movie Figures

Postby Red Laser » 27 Jun 2009 12:29

Cobra looks a mess but Destro's MARS troopers look ok and it is an ideal opportunity to get a different variation of the Grenadiers. I always wondered what do the employees at MARS look like and why were they never shown.
Spock, where the hell's the power you promised?

One damn minute, Admiral



Image


"Red! The colour of my Shadows, The colour of fire and of blood......All that I stand for!" Baron Ironblood, Operation Bloodhound
User avatar
Jimbobx
Lock up your catalogues...and to a lesser extent your daughters...but mainly your catalogues.
Lock up your catalogues...and to a lesser extent your daughters...but mainly your catalogues.
Posts: 715
Joined: 03 Jun 2009 11:43
Location: East Sussex!!!!
Contact:

Re: GI Joe Movie Figures

Postby Jimbobx » 04 Jul 2009 17:41

Is anyone interested in the GI Joe roc line?
My initial feeling is that its going to bomb.
The nostalia factor isn't there and that was the big seller with the 25th Ann line.
Jimbobx likes to watch you breathe.
Twitter ac: @Rockenden (retired)
User avatar
DAMartin
Knowing isss half the battle
Knowing isss half the battle
Posts: 3932
Joined: 27 Apr 2009 17:37
Location: A farm in Ercilla, Chile

Re: GI Joe Movie Figures

Postby DAMartin » 04 Jul 2009 17:57

You're right about the nostalgia factor, jimbobx, but remember that the Transformers were selling without interruptionns and the figures of their very bad movie still were sold.
:cobracommander: "You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... mine."
User avatar
Double-Tap
who dares grins
who dares grins
Posts: 3166
Joined: 03 Aug 2008 16:42

Re: GI Joe Movie Figures

Postby Double-Tap » 04 Jul 2009 18:18

Jimbobx wrote:Is anyone interested in the GI Joe roc line?
My initial feeling is that its going to bomb.
The nostalia factor isn't there and that was the big seller with the 25th Ann line.

i plan on getting most of the cobra and mars figs.
Image
User avatar
Red Laser
don't eat yellow snow
don't eat yellow snow
Posts: 8078
Joined: 19 Jun 2007 22:56
Location: Sittin' on the dock of a bay

Re: GI Joe Movie Figures

Postby Red Laser » 04 Jul 2009 18:21

I would like some MARS figures CobraStickers does some sheets for them they look really good and maybe good on these figures. The chances of them being sold on the isle of man are very slim our Toymaster focuses primarily on Transformers
Spock, where the hell's the power you promised?

One damn minute, Admiral



Image


"Red! The colour of my Shadows, The colour of fire and of blood......All that I stand for!" Baron Ironblood, Operation Bloodhound
Malcolm Orr
Red Shadow
Red Shadow
Posts: 951
Joined: 30 Nov 2008 18:27

Re: GI Joe Movie Figures

Postby Malcolm Orr » 04 Jul 2009 20:33

I already have Beachhead - it's the 25th sculpt in different colours (Bill - he'd be great to make an SAS Beachhead)

There's plenty of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows, some cool figures such as the arctic ones, and some good updates such as Shipwreck. In addition we will see 25th characters in the line I'm sure, such as Scrap Iron.

Locally a lot of kids buy the Armed Forces and the cheaper 3 3/4" army stuff, so I expect GI Joe ROC to sell quite well.
User avatar
Double-Tap
who dares grins
who dares grins
Posts: 3166
Joined: 03 Aug 2008 16:42

Re: GI Joe Movie Figures

Postby Double-Tap » 04 Jul 2009 20:58

Malcolm Orr wrote:I already have Beachhead - it's the 25th sculpt in different colours (Bill - he'd be great to make an SAS Beachhead)

There's plenty of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows, some cool figures such as the arctic ones, and some good updates such as Shipwreck. In addition we will see 25th characters in the line I'm sure, such as Scrap Iron.

Locally a lot of kids buy the Armed Forces and the cheaper 3 3/4" army stuff, so I expect GI Joe ROC to sell quite well.

thanks for the heads up.

i got a paris pursuit snake-eyes (trenchcoat) for fathers day.

cool lookin figure but not the greatest quality.

malcolm are the figs available in the shops yet or did you order online??
Image
Rude Kid
Corporal
Corporal
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Feb 2009 00:31
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: GI Joe Movie Figures

Postby Rude Kid » 04 Jul 2009 22:26

I was in toysrus in swindon yesterday and there was nothing joewise, not even any space made for them, i'm going to try the oxford branch towards the end of next week.
Image

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you! -Conan the Cimmerian
Malcolm Orr
Red Shadow
Red Shadow
Posts: 951
Joined: 30 Nov 2008 18:27

Re: GI Joe Movie Figures

Postby Malcolm Orr » 05 Jul 2009 23:21

Double-tap wrote:
Malcolm Orr wrote:I already have Beachhead - it's the 25th sculpt in different colours (Bill - he'd be great to make an SAS Beachhead)

There's plenty of Snake Eyes and Storm Shadows, some cool figures such as the arctic ones, and some good updates such as Shipwreck. In addition we will see 25th characters in the line I'm sure, such as Scrap Iron.

Locally a lot of kids buy the Armed Forces and the cheaper 3 3/4" army stuff, so I expect GI Joe ROC to sell quite well.

thanks for the heads up.

i got a paris pursuit snake-eyes (trenchcoat) for fathers day.

cool lookin figure but not the greatest quality.

malcolm are the figs available in the shops yet or did you order online??
oNLINE MERCHANT FROM hONG kONG. pUT 'RISE COBRA' into ebay and there's quite good deals (close or better than what it would cost off the shelf.

I've ordered Dr Mindbander off a trader in Macau, and a Doc for £15 too.

Also I bought issues 1-15 of AF monthly on ebay for 99p. I lost a set the day before, my max bid was £32, so I saved myself £31!!
User avatar
DAMartin
Knowing isss half the battle
Knowing isss half the battle
Posts: 3932
Joined: 27 Apr 2009 17:37
Location: A farm in Ercilla, Chile

Re: GI Joe Movie Figures

Postby DAMartin » 06 Jul 2009 01:18

I'd like to ask a question about ROC Destro: is the figure helmetb removable?
:cobracommander: "You were engineered with such potential, Serpentor. But you lack the most important DNA of all... mine."

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest