JOECON 2010-- RED SHADOWS ? ACTION FORCE ????

The GI Joe - Collector's Club have brought Action Force back to life!
User avatar
Red Laser
don't eat yellow snow
don't eat yellow snow
Posts: 8077
Joined: 19 Jun 2007 22:56
Location: Sittin' on the dock of a bay

Re: JOECON 2010-- RED SHADOWS ? ACTION FORCE ????

Postby Red Laser » 24 Feb 2010 00:19

Multiple choice maybe?
Spock, where the hell's the power you promised?

One damn minute, Admiral



Image


"Red! The colour of my Shadows, The colour of fire and of blood......All that I stand for!" Baron Ironblood, Operation Bloodhound
User avatar
The Kraken Wakes
SCREEEEEEE!
SCREEEEEEE!
Posts: 5265
Joined: 28 Apr 2007 16:40
Location: Nottingham

Re: JOECON 2010-- RED SHADOWS ? ACTION FORCE ????

Postby The Kraken Wakes » 24 Feb 2010 00:20

Ironblood wrote:Multiple choice maybe?
shouldnt there be a third option for a b or c? maybe a claymore in his bag...
twitter - @thekrakenwakes / @BIronblood
instagram - THE_KRAKEN_WAKES
User avatar
Red Laser
don't eat yellow snow
don't eat yellow snow
Posts: 8077
Joined: 19 Jun 2007 22:56
Location: Sittin' on the dock of a bay

Re: JOECON 2010-- RED SHADOWS ? ACTION FORCE ????

Postby Red Laser » 24 Feb 2010 00:23

That could be in the bottom of his boots for that more modern fanatic approach. :tongue:
Spock, where the hell's the power you promised?

One damn minute, Admiral



Image


"Red! The colour of my Shadows, The colour of fire and of blood......All that I stand for!" Baron Ironblood, Operation Bloodhound
Malcolm Orr
Red Shadow
Red Shadow
Posts: 951
Joined: 30 Nov 2008 18:27

Re: JOECON 2010-- RED SHADOWS ? ACTION FORCE ????

Postby Malcolm Orr » 24 Feb 2010 13:14

Andy1672 wrote:I must be the only one who doesnt like the new Shadow figure ?

Ive seen a lot of customs on this forum that are better.

The head is a nice sculpt but the paint job is terrible, those eyes are worse than the dufus shad.


Sorry to rain on the parade, just my opinion.
Funnily enough that brings up an important point. Does the 'official' ness of the figure make it 'better' than a custom? Well value wise it will, but aesthetically?

Whether it's Action Force/ GI Joe/ Dr Who etc etc I always prefer the official releases to customs. I have a Tom Baker custom with an intricately sculpted pattern on it, but I prefer the more basic official release. Same with Footloose - I'd imagine Hisstank fans would prefer my 25th custom over the desert RoC figure, but the OCD part of me likes the official releases. That's why I don't weather or paint up my bought figures and rarely wash or hyper detail my customs so they match the shop level of product.
User avatar
The Baron
World Enemy No. 1
World Enemy No. 1
Posts: 14676
Joined: 18 Sep 2012 05:10
Location: Secret HQ

Re: JOECON 2010-- RED SHADOWS ? ACTION FORCE ????

Postby The Baron » 24 Feb 2010 13:20

Well, I can only speak for my own customs but durabaility will be a huge factor. My homemade stuff is onyl really good for display.
User avatar
SteveD
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 6138
Joined: 22 May 2008 12:00
Location: In exile.

Re: JOECON 2010-- RED SHADOWS ? ACTION FORCE ????

Postby SteveD » 24 Feb 2010 13:32

I definitely agree. As much as I love customs, the fact they are home made makes them lack authenticity for me. I still keep my customs largely seperate from my collection. My collection is, well, my collection, and the customs are more a hobby, loosely connected to my Collecting. Like a tribute act really. I'm a toy collector first, and a model maker second.

The new Red Shads will, however, get a little shelf space all of their own. Once I can work out what to move to make said shelf space.
Alte Volat

"BFTB Elite??? Moi??? Ooooooo, Missus - Titter ye not!"
mark
Space Force
Space Force
Posts: 346
Joined: 12 Feb 2009 15:27

Re: JOECON 2010-- RED SHADOWS ? ACTION FORCE ????

Postby mark » 24 Feb 2010 13:37

SteveD wrote:I definitely agree. As much as I love customs, the fact they are home made makes them lack authenticity for me. I still keep my customs largely seperate from my collection. My collection is, well, my collection, and the customs are more a hobby, loosely connected to my Collecting. Like a tribute act really. I'm a toy collector first, and a model maker second.

The new Red Shads will, however, get a little shelf space all of their own. Once I can work out what to move to make said shelf space.
The wife? Sorry couldnt resist it! :twisted:
User avatar
SteveD
Assassin
Assassin
Posts: 6138
Joined: 22 May 2008 12:00
Location: In exile.

Re: JOECON 2010-- RED SHADOWS ? ACTION FORCE ????

Postby SteveD » 24 Feb 2010 13:38

mark wrote:
SteveD wrote:I definitely agree. As much as I love customs, the fact they are home made makes them lack authenticity for me. I still keep my customs largely seperate from my collection. My collection is, well, my collection, and the customs are more a hobby, loosely connected to my Collecting. Like a tribute act really. I'm a toy collector first, and a model maker second.

The new Red Shads will, however, get a little shelf space all of their own. Once I can work out what to move to make said shelf space.
The wife? Sorry couldnt resist it! :twisted:
Na - dont want to have to display my new Red Shadows at the kitchen sink!!! :-D
Alte Volat

"BFTB Elite??? Moi??? Ooooooo, Missus - Titter ye not!"
User avatar
Draikar
Private
Private
Posts: 46
Joined: 23 Feb 2010 21:49
Location: Schenectady New York, USA
Contact:

Re: JOECON 2010-- RED SHADOWS ? ACTION FORCE ????

Postby Draikar » 24 Feb 2010 22:27

Do you think they made a new head mold or the original head with a ball joint, Dose the mold still exists ? I would like to see a Muton made out of DEEP SIX V2 sold at the joecon as the souvenirs or Roboskull...
Amarican Red Shadows officer
User avatar
Double-Tap
who dares grins
who dares grins
Posts: 3161
Joined: 03 Aug 2008 16:42

Re: JOECON 2010-- RED SHADOWS ? ACTION FORCE ????

Postby Double-Tap » 24 Feb 2010 22:32

Draikar wrote:Do you think they made a new head mold or the original head with a ball joint, Dose the mold still exists ? I would like to see a Muton made out of DEEP SIX V2 sold at the joecon as the souvenirs or Roboskull...

check out the custom archive Draikar, a few of us have used this fig for Muton.

welcome to the gang ;-)
Bill
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests